ISTE Educator Certification
ISTE Certification is now Virtual!
ISTE Certification is a competency-based, vendor-agnostic educator certification based on the ISTE Standards for Educators. This digital credential recognizes educators who understand how to use edtech for learning in meaningful and transformative ways.
Focused on pedagogy. Based on the ISTE Standards.
The ISTE Certification is focused on pedagogy, not tools. It’s not about edtech per se, it’s about what you do with the tech to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
Online Cohort Structure
Phase 1: Professional Development (approx. 14 weeks)
The professional development portion of the ISTE Cert journey is a combination of synchronous (via Zoom) sessions and online asynchronous coursework facilitated by our team of ah-ma-zing facilitators.
- The Zoom sessions are scheduled approximately every 2.5 weeks (5 sessions total) and are required.
- The asynchronous coursework will be ongoing for the full 14 weeks; participants will receive personalized feedback on key assignments
- Please see the ISTE Certification Syllabus for more detailed information about the sessions
Phase 2: Portfolio Development and Submission
Following successful completion of the phase 1 training, participants have 6 months to prepare and submit an eportfolio to ISTE for review. Once submitted, ISTE Certification Evaluators will review the artifacts. Those who successfully meet the certification will become ISTE Certified Educators. Throughout the portfolio phase, our facilitators will provide support, guidance, and loads of positive, motivational vibes!
Please view the ISTE Certification Syllabus for more information about the program.
AzTEA and Edvolve want to work with you!
Educators around the globe can now join an ISTE Certification cohort with AzTEA/Edvolve! Our highly qualified trainers will be with you every step of the way to support you throughout the professional development and portfolio development phases of this one-of-kind, transformational journey.
What makes our training program special?
- Our trainers are super-duper highly qualified. We don’t like to brag… but our trainers are among the nation’s experts of the ISTE Standards; they even helped write them. They’ve also put all of the standards into practice as school, district, and university leaders working with teachers every day to transform digital teaching practices.
- We know the portfolio process can be tough if you’re “on your own.” That’s why we provide ADDITIONAL portfolio support to our participants including:
- Portfolio Webinar to get you started on the right path
- Five lesson series to learn and practice a 3-step process for developing an ISTE portfolio. These lessons are recorded so that you can access them when it best fits into your schedule. The lessons also include suggested tasks to scaffold various aspects of preparing a portfolio
- A pacing guide to help you stay on track for portfolio completion
- Monthly office hours for you to ask questions and get feedback on your portfolio content
- We absolutely LOVE what we do. This isn’t just a job for us… it is our passion. We believe in ISTE Certification and want to help you to earn it!
Build a Private Cohort to create a Ripple Effect
District leaders who are interested in hosting a private cohort for their district with 20 or more staff, email Nan Williams @firstname.lastname@example.org.
“By becoming an ISTE Certified Educator, you’re telling the world you’re an educator who uses research-based practices, curates and integrates effective technology tools, and that you’re connected to a network of resources that allow for professional growth year after year.”
“Truly one of the most amazing, inspiring and proud moments in my professional career. This is why I’m an educator.”
“When I first considered becoming an ISTE Standards Trainer, I could not have imagined how it would ignite me. I have so loved working with our rock star team to put together a crazy, fun, inspiring two day training for educators. The educators I am working with through the ISTE Certification training have reinvigorated me. I LOVE my job.”