About the program
ISTE Certification is a new competency-based, vendor-agnostic educator certification based on the ISTE Standards for Educators. This digital credential recognizes educators who understand how to use edtech for learning in meaningful and transformative ways.
Focused on pedagogy. Based on the ISTE Standards.
The ISTE Certification is focused on pedagogy, not tools. It’s not about edtech per se, it’s about what you do with the tech to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
For classroom educators, coaches and library media specialists
ISTE Certification helps build an educator’s professional profile and provides a digital credential to demonstrate mastery and recognize his or her application of the ISTE Standards, which define what it means to be a 21st century educator using technology for learning.
ISTE Certification allows administrators to recognize educators leading the way with digital age teaching practices. ISTE Certification demonstrates to leaders those who have the initiative, drive and skills needed to transform, personalize and empower learning in the classroom and school. It also offers them a way to recognize and support educators focused on growth in this area.
How it works
Through the ISTE Certification process, teachers will participate in 30 hours of dynamic in-person and online professional learning based on the ISTE Standards and transformative pedagogy. After completing the training, participants have six months to apply their learning and compile artifacts and reflections into a competency-based portfolio which will be evaluated by ISTE, the only organization that awards the certification.
Edvolve (in partnership with AzTEA) has been selected by ISTE to be an authorized provider of the ISTE Certification for Educators because of our commitment to high quality edtech professional learning and the ISTE Standards as a guide for transforming teaching and learning.
Steps to becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
- Sign up for a training with AzTEA and Edvolve
- Attend in-person workshop (1-2 days)
- Complete online coursework (5 weeks)
- Prepare and submit an eportfolio to ISTE for review (6 months) – the educator will be provided access to a certification portal where participants can get feedback from their cohort while preparing their portfolio of artifacts and reflections.
- Once submitted, ISTE Certification Evaluators will review the artifacts. Those who successfully meet the certification will become ISTE Certified Educators.