AzTEA believes leaders influence schools from all levels and job positions. Good leaders are not only capable of leading their subordinates, but are also versed in leading their superiors and their peers.
- They model an understanding of the social, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities related to our evolving culture.
- Their work serves as a model for using technology to support standards-based curriculum.
- The nominee's work has a significant positive impact on technology use in education.
- They have integrated deliberate planning in an effort to improve education through the use of technology.
- They design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning opportunities and projects incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context.
- They promote learning environments in which digital citizenship is valued and respected.
- The quality of education and the work experience has been significantly advanced as a result of the nominee's efforts.
- The nominee continually improves professional practice and shares his/her talents.
(adapted from CUE Awards and Programs descriptions)
2013 Innovation Awards - Click here to download the nomination form in PDF to nominate someone today.
It is the intent of the Innovation Awards to recognize those persons currently responsible for the day-to-day instruction of PK–12 students, regardless of subject matter. Since 1999, AzTEA has awarded over 90 recipients in the categories below.
For questions on the Innovation Awards: email@example.com or call (800) 613-4524
The Innovation Award is given in the following categories