2015 AzTEA Innovation Award Nominations - Now Open!
2014 AzTEA Innovation Awards Recipients
- 2014 AzTEA Teacher of the Year- Pre K-12:
Susan Rodriguez, Whiteriver Unified School District
- 2014 AzTEA Outstanding Administrator:
Dr. Karen Williams, Alhambra Elem. School District
- 2014 AzTEA Ruth Catalano Friend of Technology:
- 2014 AzTEA Tech Director:
Nancy Pratt, Cave Creek Unified School District
- 2014 AzTEA Teacher of the Year- Initial Teacher Preparation: Chris Smudde,
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University
- 2014 AzTEA Ed Tech Specialist:
Nick Trakas, Florence Unified School District
AzTEA believes leaders influence schools from all levels and job positions. Good leaders are not only capable of leading their subordinates, but are also versed in leading their superiors and their peers.
- They model an understanding of the social, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities related to our evolving culture.
- Their work serves as a model for using technology to support standards-based curriculum.
- The nominee's work has a significant positive impact on technology use in education.
- They have integrated deliberate planning in an effort to improve education through the use of technology.
- They design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning opportunities and projects incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context.
- They promote learning environments in which digital citizenship is valued and respected.
- The quality of education and the work experience has been significantly advanced as a result of the nominee's efforts.
- The nominee continually improves professional practice and shares his/her talents.
(adapted from CUE Awards and Programs descriptions)
2015 Innovation Awards - Click here to nominate someone today.
It is the intent of the Innovation Awards to recognize those persons currently responsible for the day-to-day instruction of PK–12 students, regardless of subject matter. Since 1999, AzTEA has awarded over 90 recipients in the categories below.
Deadline to submit a nomination is midnight on Wednesday, April 30, 2014. Thank you for helping to recognize our leaders of change and innovation!
For questions on the Innovation Awards: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 613-4524.
The Innovation Award is given in the following categories