The Arizona Technology in Education Association is a professional nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase student achievement through technology in Teaching and learning. AzTEA is the Arizona affiliate for the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
- Provide a professional educational forum and network to exchange ideas, techniques, and materials.
- Promote appropriate use of technology for the improvement of instructional opportunities.
- Cooperate with commercial technology vendors to provide appropriate educational pedagogy.
- Encourage research in educational technology.
- Encourage the improvement of instruction by promoting professional standards in the field of educational technology.
- Promote recognition of educational technology advocates through role-based awards.
- Encourage membership in the International Society for Technology in Education.
AzTEA has four Regional Chapters across the state. Chapters are active in the Phoenix metropolitan area (Westside and Eastside), Northern Arizona and Southern Arizona. The Northern, Southern and Westside Chapters hold regional conferences (open to all). The Eastside Chapter is AzTEA's liaison to the Arizona Department of Education Mega Conference.